Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Busy Week

I had intended to post thorough social and political pieces on this blog, but it seems more natural (and refreshing) to post miscellany. Without further ado, various updates for my readership of three:

I wrote a review about the new Fiery Furnaces album, Bitter Tea, which I submitted to Insound.com. There's no honorarium or word rate, but all accepted pieces are entered into a draw for store credit or discounts, so it's not technically a professional writing credit. If you're interested, you can read my humble take on my favourite band's latest effort: Bitter Tea.

I'm not tossing any confetti yet, but I've been given an indication that my freelancing efforts may lead to more stability in the writing field. The details are sketchy, but a magazine has expressed interest in hiring me for part-time leading to fulltime work starting in the fall. I'd still be doing a lot of writing, but I'd also have some extra creative duties not limited to layout design. This could be a big step, and it's one I'd welcome, but you never know what will happen in the interim. For the moment, I'll stick to the summer plan and hope the tourism people ring me up within the next few days.

A lot more has happened, but I can't be arsed to type it. I had a great workout tonight, even though it didn't seem so at the time. I feel my shredded muscles, the heat of life radiating inside my body, the relief of having briefly forgotten some of the heavy stresses of this week, and I'll end there for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home