Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fun at the Mariners Centre

Last Saturday I went to Rudders with the fam and relatives from Ontario. They had a ballot box for receipts, and my cousin Sandra convinced me to use hers, just in case. Triumph! I received a phone call yesterday morning from the restaurant manager who informed me that I had won tickets to a New York Islanders practice session from 8:00AM to 1:00PM today. By the way, the nearest town to me has hosted their last two pre-season training camps.

Anyway, it was a very enjoyable experience. Alexei Yashin, a world class player who bailed on my Sens several years back, fanned on a free shot. That was wonderful. Not that I begrudge the guy.

Planning a trip to Montréal next month to see Deerhoof and the Fiery Furnaces. Bigger news forthcoming, once I'm ready to share it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home