Monday, February 11, 2008

How Poetic Thou Art, My LORD

If it's possible, I've been each of the former three--and a weak part of the latter--since October:

Mark 4:13-20
Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14The farmer sows the word. 15Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."

Perhaps I'm assuming too much, but I dare suggest that God offered more than one account of Jesus's life because it's too profound to study through one disciple's perspective. Of course, as it's been said, all His teachings could fill the world if they'd all been committed to paper. Nevertheless, let me say here openly that I am listening for your counsel, God. Tell me what you need me to hear, and keep me faithful in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home